I grew up in one of those Judeo-Christian homes that apparently strike terror in the hearts of the likes of Betty Friedan, Alan Grayson and Kathryn Joyce. My parents never had sex until they got married to each other. Theirs is an enduring...

View my complete profile

Saturday, June 03, 2006

I'm Back!

(It's not like anyone would've noticed that I've been gone awhile.) :cD

I'm so grateful to Ken Masse for linking me to a jumping-off place in researching the election.

Ken Masse is running for sheriff in Los Angeles County. He has served well in that department for over thirty years (served well, to the extent that the worst thing his critics have thrown at him is that he's a religious fanatic).

He doesn't strike me as religious at all. But I must say, confidence in his Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, has saturated his life, and is as significant to him as the air he breathes. He's a man of character, and to the best of his knowledge, he will not compromise.

He's intimately familiar with the needs of the sheriff's department. He's familiar with the pressure of standing alone. And he's well acquainted with the Word of God. He also has a passion for sharing the good news. (I met more than one sheriff who is walking with the Lord now, thanks to Mr. Masse.)

As for political philosophy, he told me that the jurisdiction of the sheriff department is public safety, not social programs. And I have to agree with him.

I'm not going to say the man is perfect, but I would be thrilled to see him win. He's a big step in the right direction.

1 Comments:

Blogger Gabe and Mandy said...

Too bad he lost. The last election was so pathetic! Do people really not care about what their desendants will have to put up with because of their lack of concern for their country?

9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home