I grew up in one of those Judeo-Christian homes that apparently strike terror in the hearts of the likes of Betty Friedan, Alan Grayson and Kathryn Joyce. My parents never had sex until they got married to each other. Theirs is an enduring...

View my complete profile

Saturday, April 23, 2005

A Letter

"If I should find myself in Terri's shoes"- a pastor struggling with cancer pens his wishes in an open letter to his wife:
Dear Janelle,

These last few months have troubled me deeply. And I
have a request that I hope you'll have the courage and
strength to honor: If I ever become like Terri Schiavo,
please don't put me through what she has endured.

After fighting cancer for 10 years; after suffering
through multiple courses of toxic drugs; after two
stem-cell transplants and 16 dismal weeks in a
hospital room, tied to tangles of tubes, I've only
scratched the surface of her misery. I feel as if I've
scaled great mountains of suffering only to find I'm
in the foothills of a range that towers beyond sight.

Please read the whole letter, here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home