I grew up in one of those Judeo-Christian homes that apparently strike terror in the hearts of the likes of Betty Friedan, Alan Grayson and Kathryn Joyce. My parents never had sex until they got married to each other. Theirs is an enduring...

View my complete profile

Monday, May 19, 2008

What Dad Is Reading to Us

Oh, if you're looking for something interesting to read, To Have and to Hold, by Mary Johnston, 1899, is proving to be interesting. Despite the title, it contains at least as much action/adventure as it does romance. And the characters are splendidly (and respectively) admirable, lovable and detestable.

The vocabulary is intimidating (or so I've been told). The only thing I would change- well, any time there's a lull in the action, the scenery is colored blood-red.

Overall, it's a satisfying read. Ask 2of14 if you could borrow it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

I just published a book two years ago called "To Have and To Hold" (I didn't write it, I just published it) but it's not nearly as good as yours sounds. Ask 2of14 if I can borrow it. :D I may try to find it in our library network. I like a good read.

Oh, BTW, thanks for updating your blog. I check it often and it was a nice surprise to find several updates. :-)

12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home